Friday, July 6, 2007

My name is Matt Steverson, USRSA Master Racquet Technician and USPTA Certified tennis professional at Sylvan Lake Park in Sanford, Florida, part of the Seminole County Parks and Recreation Department.
This blog is designed to be a venue for my opinions, rants and miscellaneous ramblings regarding the world of tennis
I’ve been a tennis player since 1973, and was one of the players to start the program at NAIA powerhouse Auburn-Montgomery.
I’ve taught tennis, either full- or part-time, since 1978.
I was one of the first stringers to be certified by the United States Racquet Stringers Association (USRSA) in 1986, and now hold the USRSA’s highest level of certification, Master Racquet Technician (MRT).
I self-published the newsletter Racquetech (some of which was featured on the Tennis Warehouse website), which helped usher in detailed equipment analysis, and examined ultra-lightweight racquet technology for the April 1999 issue of Tennis magazine. I’ve strung racquets at many top high school and college tournaments, and have handled tournament stringing for many top professional players, in addition to countless local casual and tournament players.
OK, enough about me. Please check my postings often. And, please feel free to leave your comments. After all, tennis is not a one game played by just one person.
And please visit my website mattstennis.com

No comments: